Having to let go of your favorite foods can be heartbreaking moment to some. You can’t believe that from now henceforth “no more oats, cheese and potatoes” plus many others you can’t remember. You are from the doctor’s to have a food intolerance testing. Cutting out on certain foods was the doctor’s prescription.
Food intolerance means that your body isn’t digesting certain foods properly. It can also be an inflammatory reaction caused by certain foods. A food intolerance testing is in most cases recommended. This aims at finding the root cause of the problem.
There are symptoms that only start showing after some time. They usually keep recurring regardless of completing the prescribed dose. Some of the symptoms are:
- Brain fog
- Mood swings
Food intolerance testing is what many health and nutrition experts recommend as treatment. These tests have received negative reviews. Why this is so, yet there is all the hype about clean eating?
- Many of these food intolerance tests do not quite assess your overall health. They will show you that your body is reacting to certain foods. What the tests leave out is the reason behind the reaction. The symptoms may result from other issues that are not food related.
- The tests are carried out using foods that you don’t eat in real life. For example the tests may show that your body has intolerance to raw onions. The question remains, how often do you eat raw onions?
- The tests do not check all forms of food sensitivity. This means the sensitivity responses from all antibodies aren’t included. They only test for what is common to many.
- Food intolerance testing has not been proven through research. There isn’t enough to go by to prove that these tests do work.
- The food intolerance tests do not give you the next course of action. They tests do not show or tell needs to be done once the results are out. You are left guessing on the length of time you are to stop taking the said foods. They kind of leave you stranded.
The food intolerance tests are expensive so it is to be done right. There are a few doctors certified to do them.
An alternative could be the elimination method. Here you do away with foods that seem to be causing the reaction. Then reintroduce them one by one. Take three times a day for three days. Make a note of your observations.
Food intolerance testing can be helpful and is easy to carry out. However, before going to the doctor for the tests, monitor your dietary patterns. This can go a long way in getting a solution and saving on your hard earned cash.
For More Information: Click Here